The ORS carries out the responsibilities of Emergency Support Function 12 (ESF 12) under the direction of the ORS Executive Director and in coordination with the SC Emergency Management Division (SCEMD). During a disaster in South Carolina, ESF 12 takes the lead on electric and natural gas issues while also providing support with issues concerning railroads and transportation.
The ORS is responsible for coordinating with energy providers to establish priorities to repair damaged energy systems and to provide temporary, alternate, or interim sources of natural gas supply and electric power.
The ORS also maintains communications with electric and natural gas utilities in responding to and recovering from emergencies regarding;
- electric generating capacity shortages,
- electric generating fuel shortages,
- transmission and distribution line outages,
- electrical service outages affecting the public, and
- natural gas supply disruptions.
SCEMD, a division of the Adjutant General's Office, is the coordinating agency responsible for the statewide emergency management program. SCEMD’s mission is to develop, coordinate, and lead the state emergency management program, enabling effective preparation for, response to and recovery from emergencies and disasters in order to save lives, reduce human suffering and minimize property loss. For more information, visit SCEMD’s website.
Power Outage Maps
- Dominion Energy Power Outage Map
- Duke Energy Power Outage Map
- Electric Cooperatives Power Outage Map
- Santee Cooper Power Outage Map
Power Restoration Process